Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunkbase Website Monitoring Configuration- Only the "Advanced" configuration shows both platforms?

arielpconsolaci
Path Finder

Hello Splunkers,

I am seeing some some difference in setting up configurations (Configuration tab) in On-Prem vs Splunk Cloud for the Website Monitoring application.

"Proxy Server" and "Proxy Server Authentication" configurations are both available in Splunk On-Prem which aren't in Splunk Cloud.

Only the "Advanced" configuration shows in both platforms. Is anyone seeing the same? or Is this intended since the platform is Splunk Cloud?

The context on this question is  doing an app migration to Splunk Cloud and observing the experience compared to On-Prem. Thinking if Proxy Server settings are not anymore needed for the application in Splunk Cloud. Thus this difference.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Ariel

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is by design. Product Security has restrictions for apps installed Splunk Cloud that don't apply to on-prem installs (use of a proxy server is one of them).

Most likely, use of a proxy server wouldn't apply to a Cloud install anyways. The only exception would be if the customer was defining a proxy server because they wanted to test the proxy server itself (which I know some customers of Website Monitoring do). I suspect that is minority though.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

arielpconsolaci
Path Finder

Thanks for the response, and inputs/insights, Luke. These are noted. Appreciate your time for getting back as well.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

This is by design. Product Security has restrictions for apps installed Splunk Cloud that don't apply to on-prem installs (use of a proxy server is one of them).

Most likely, use of a proxy server wouldn't apply to a Cloud install anyways. The only exception would be if the customer was defining a proxy server because they wanted to test the proxy server itself (which I know some customers of Website Monitoring do). I suspect that is minority though.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...