Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk app configuration with setup view once is_configured is already set to True

assadabbas
Loves-to-Learn Lots

User can configure my app anytime he likes with setup.xml. But to make the app compatible with cloud I have to remove the setup.xml and implement setup view. Setup views force the user to configure app once, when it is installed and after that no configuration is required.

So user will be able to configure it once but not afterwards. But i want the same setup.xml functionality along with setup view implementation. Can anyone help, guide or share anything.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Maybe add a link to your setup view from the navigation menu?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

assadabbas
Loves-to-Learn Lots

That might work but how can we add restmap.conf implementation in setup view. If we add a link to setup view, how setup view will call the python script from restmap.conf as setup view implementation is JS based?

I have implemented setup view by using this

https://github.com/splunk/splunk-app-examples/tree/master/setup_pages/developer_guidance_setup_page

0 Karma

breid1313
Path Finder

I have a similar situation to yours that I am trying to figure out.

We are moving from using default/setup.xml to using setup views. Once the setup view captures the input from the user, I would like to be able to then trigger our existing handler python file to finish the necessary actions. Not quite sure how to accomplish this yet though.

0 Karma

breid1313
Path Finder
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...