Splunk Cloud Platform

Splunk Cloud Dynamic Data: Active Archive

blakem
Explorer

I have a few questions about archiving in Splunk cloud. Specifically DDAA which needs to be purchased.

1. How long can data be archived?

I believe DDAA has a maximum of ten years?

2. How much data can be restored at a time?

I believe it's something like a maximum of two days worth at a time, and restored data will remain available for 30 days?

3. Is it possible to offboard from DDAA?

If we log a support ticket to have the data moved to an S3 bucket for example?

Thanks,
Blake

Labels (2)
0 Karma

blakem
Explorer

Some answers here - https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/platform/dynamic-data-data-retention-options-in-splunk-cloud.html

"When you restore data using DDAA, a copy is available in your Splunk Cloud instance for 30 days, after which it is deleted automatically. "

Question remains though, am I capped with how much I can restore at a time? I'm assuming if I have 10 years of archived data, I can't just restore the whole 10 years worth.

0 Karma

lznger88_2
Path Finder

Hey blakem,

Did you manage to find out if you could move data from DDAA to a self-storage location in AWS, GCP etc.?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...