Splunk Cloud Platform

How to send data from Microsoft Windows AD to Splunk Cloud?

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

Hi Splunkers, I could have the following scenario to implement: a SplunkCloud platform that must receive data from some data sources, with at least an HF (but they could be 2 or more).

Between data sources, there are Windows Acive Directory servers and, of course, I have to send data to Splunk. I don't know if this data will be routeed to HF or directly to Splunk Cloud, but this is not important now.
The focal point is: it is very likely that we will not be able to install UF on those servers, for policy contraints. So, we will have to senda data from AD to Splunk in a agentless manner; what are the possible way to achieve this? And which ones could be the best ones?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

Solved by myself: Splunk is able to use WMI to achieve this result.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

Solved by myself: Splunk is able to use WMI to achieve this result.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...