Splunk Cloud Platform

Rendering change overnight .... what happened?

doctorjw
Observer

We are using splunk cloud 8.2.2105.2 (Build: 164754a2784c). When we came into work this morning, we found a number of our dashboards are suddenly not rendering correctly, and we're at a loss to explain why. It would see some centering is no longer happening correctly, and font sizing has changed.

You can see this through a very simple dashboard that I put together:

<dashboard hideChrome="true" hideFilters="true" theme="light">
  <label>Basic Dashboard</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <single>
        <search>
          <query>
| makeresults count=1 
| streamstats count 
| eval msg = 5
| stats count</query>
        </search>
        <option name="underLabel">A field we should see</option>
        <option name="height">50</option>
      </single>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

When this is rendered, I get:

doctorjw_0-1624646730909.png

You can see how the text ("1") is large, and cut off, and the label ("A field we should see") does not show.

Whatever is going on has affected a number of our production dashboards; again, things were fine last night but this morning .... the rendering is bad. We have not had to mess with style sheets in the past to get the rendering correct, and don't think we should have to here ... What changed, and how can we get our dashboards rendering properly again?

Help?

Thx

john

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Open a support request with Splunk Cloud.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...