Splunk Cloud Platform

RHEL 5 servers Universal Forwarder Upgrade

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Hi Team,

Currently we are planning to upgrade our core Splunk Cloud instance from 7.2.9.1 to 8.x and above so when checked the Splunk Upgrade Dashboard i got around 20+ servers  for which the Universal Forwarder  needs to be upgraded for those machines since currently they are running with 6.5.1 version.

So when i checked the OS for those servers it seems to be RHEL 5 (5.11) version and the kernel version is 2.6.18-439.el5 so when i checked the following link:

https://www.splunk.com/page/previous_releases/universalforwarder#x86_64linux

I can able to see there are latest version of Universal Forwarder available so can i go ahead and upgrade with latest version?

Also want to know is the Kernel version (2.6.18-439.el5) is 32 bit or 64 bit as well and which one would be the recommended UF i can go ahead and upgrade so that it can clear the road blocker for the core Splunk Cloud upgrade from 7.2.91. to 8.x

Labels (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

While looking at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.5/Installation/Systemrequirements it says, version 8.0.5 Universal Forwarder supported for Linux Kernel version 2.6. I'll suggest to upgrade one of the UF in test environment and then proceed for production.

Thanks,

Harshil

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

to get information is kernel 32 or 64 bit you can use e.g. next commands:

• uname -i (i386 or x86_64)
  • arch

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...