Splunk Cloud Platform

Questions related to upload data

RaviThummala
Observer

Hi Team,

we have some questions on uploading data.

1) Can we upload sample json/csv data with CIM compatible, can we see any demo ?

2) how to ingest network / network-traffic related sample data on splunk enterprise ?

3) Similarly looking for some more sample data related to email or mac-addr etc on splunk enterprise (trial account).

Regards
Anand

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @RaviThummala,

CIM compatibility isn't related to a format but to technologies, so you have to identify the Add-On for your technology and use it to test CIM compliance.

If you want some sample in json format or about network traffic, you can install the Splunk Security Essentials App (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3435) that gives you many searches and also all the sample data.

Beware when you use a trial license becaus you can index only until 600 MB/day, otherwise, after three exceedings you will be in violation.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...