Splunk Cloud Platform

POST request out of Splunk Cloud to create an EnCase ticket

zshainsky
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi All,

I am looking to send a POST request from Splunk Cloud to start an EnCase forensic investigation which is running on-prem. So far the two options I see are to use the Webhook Alert Action or to create a POST Workflow Action.

I have configured a POST Workflow Action, but I am not seeing any traffic coming from Splunk Cloud back to my Firewall. I have opened the ip and port inbound from the Splunk Cloud Search Head through my FW. I am not seeing anything in the _internal logs on the SH. Any troubleshooting steps I can take?

Has any one gotten this to work in Splunk Cloud? Any suggestions welcome!

Other things to consider:
- There is a HF set up on prem that could be used to communicate with Splunk Cloud and send the request on the internal network

Tags (1)
0 Karma

zshainsky
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am currently using HTTP to trigger the POST request. Does it need to be HTTPS from Splunk Cloud to EnCase? What port (443, 8089)?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...