Splunk Cloud Platform

Looking for suggestions for using Splunk Cloud as a data integration source for other services like Salesforce.

appli

I'm looking into a way to use Splunk as a data integration tool - so that services like Salesforce can get information from Splunk, instead of relying on my server to call their API.

My logic is that if I report every event to Splunk, and Splunk has a REST API, then why report to additional services and not have them read from Splunk (or Splunk write to them).

I'd love to hear suggestions if anyone's accomplished such a setup - and has insights of considerations such as access tokens, API limitations, data enrichment, shortcuts (like cool Splunk apps that facilitate this) etc.

Examples that demonstrate different ways I thought to take:

1. I set up an alert for a specific kind of Splunk log (e.g. log for a user that deleted their profile) and the alert action uses script/webhook to make a POST request to Salesforce, letting it know a lead should be deleted.

2. I define a saved search/report that aggregates some numbers from logs describing user activities  - and set up a service to poll this via Splunk Cloud REST API and update accordingly.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...