Splunk Cloud Platform

Is there Documentation for Updating an incident using ServiceNow add-on for Splunk (Splunk_TA_snow)

ramganeshn
Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to update an incident that was created by an alert action from Splunk ITSI. But, everytime the alert gets triggered, a new incident is getting created instead of updating the existing incident. I tried everything mentioned in the link given below:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/AddOns/released/ServiceNow/Commandsandscripts#Update_behavior_...

Please guide as to what needs to be done to update a previously created incident? Should I need to get the status of the incident from ServiceNow and use that in the search query when I try to update the incident? 

It would be great if you could help me with any documentation or a video reference that could help me in performing this activity of updating an incident that was created already.

Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...