Splunk Cloud Platform

Install Universal Forwarder Credentials on Windows

sabschap
Engager

Hello, i want to install the universal installer on a windows 2016 server.  I proceed according to these instructions:

sabschap_0-1622148278466.png

In point 3, reference is made to the installation instructions for Linux.
sabschap_1-1622148367474.png
I downloaded the splunkclouduf.spl
This is the point about Linux or not? Install the following app by entering the following command: / opt / splunkforwarder / bin / splunk install app /tmp/splunkclouduf.spl.
How do I install the credentials for on a Windows machine?

Many thanks!
Labels (1)
Tags (2)

pujan
Engager

i am also facing some issue after running this command on window machine-

pujan_0-1706677185643.png

also what configuration require on window side to forward logs on splunk cloud as i am new so i am facing this issue from last 3 days 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is an old thread so you may be more likely to get responses from a new question.

Have you tried untarring the file rather than using the splunk install command? 7-zip can be used to extract the .spl file to %SPLUNK_HOME%\etc\apps

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since you're using Windows, you should use the installation instructions for Windows at https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Forwarder/8.2.0/Forwarder/InstallaWindowsuniversalforwarderfro...

Then install the app using the Windows command:

"\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder\bin\splunk.exe" install app \Downloads\splunkclouduf.spl
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

kymkin
Engager

This helped me so much. When I say that I've been racking my brain on why this wouldn't work for the last 9 hours. I found this earlier, but I put it in the powershell. I was defeated. I then came back and read this again and saw that you said to put it into the cmd. It worked immediately. I'm so grateful.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...