Splunk Cloud Platform

In handler users: Could not get info for role that does not exist

splunkcol
Builder

Hello there,

Sorry for the bad translation.

Some time ago I installed a plugin called "Splunk Secure Gateway" during installation and configuration it was necessary to create a new role with the same name "securegateway"

Today I am trying to enter a new user and I get the error message "In handler 'users': Could not get info for role that does not exist: securegateway"

The funny thing is that the user that I am trying to create I am only assigning the role "user"

splunkcol_0-1632770791032.png

splunkcol_2-1632770972910.png

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

splunkcol
Builder

I had to open a ticket to Splunk and after almost 15 days with no response I solved the problem myself.

I went into Settings> Users and removed all roles from users and reassigned them and the problem was fixed.

Too bad Splunk's after-sales service for such an expensive product.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunkcol
Builder

I had to open a ticket to Splunk and after almost 15 days with no response I solved the problem myself.

I went into Settings> Users and removed all roles from users and reassigned them and the problem was fixed.

Too bad Splunk's after-sales service for such an expensive product.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...