Splunk Cloud Platform

How to use a common SH view for my 2 cloud splunk Instance ?

vikas_gopal
Builder

Hi Experts,

I have 2 Splunk cloud setup one for Europe and other is for USA . How can I give a common layer (SH) in this case ?

Regards
VG

Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps the Mothership app (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4646/#/details) will fill your needs. I've never used it, so I can't offer any experiences with it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

Thanks for the answer Rich,
Here I have one concer , Where this app go I mean i know this will be on SH but on which cloud instance on Europe or USA splunk Cloud . Or you are saying I need to setup on prim SH like a hybrid SH and then Install this app there and it will pull details from both the Cloud instances ?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Like I said, I have no experience with this app. I would install it on an on-prem SH, if you can.

---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is this Splunk Cloud (that is, managed by Splunk) or some Splunk instances you've installed in a cloud service?
Are the two setups connected in any way?

---
0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

It is pure play Splunk Cloud managed by Splunk . The only thing that I can manage is HF,UF , DS etc and both are not connected as of now . That is what the requirement is to show both on common SH layer.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

And by "show both on common SH" do you mean a user should be able to sign in to this new SH and search data from either Cloud instance? Or something else?

---
0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

yeah something similar , see customer is asking how both cloud setups can be seen from single pane of glass . But we know from Splunk prespective this mean common SH which can search both the Cloud instances indexers and prepare common dashboards .

0 Karma

splunkkrishdee
Explorer

@vikas_gopal 

did you able to find solution for this?have you configured ES mothership app before?

if so need some inputs for that.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...