Splunk Cloud Platform

How to sort spps by label in Splunk Cloud?

arielpconsolaci
Path Finder

Hi fellow Splunkers,

Good day. We are noticing that applications in our Splunk Cloud Platform is not sorted by App Label unlike our Splunk Enterprise platform?

Would anyone be able to suggest if there is a way to sort the apps list dropdown in Splunk Cloud?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind Regards!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Anyone with sc_admin access should be able to drag the apps within the dropdown to put them in the desired order.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

arielpconsolaci
Path Finder

Thanks @richgalloway . Appreciate the response. It worked for me. Now I am just wondrin if  the change can be done on a system level. From testing, the change seems to be on a user level only.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This answer offers a CLI method for changing the order for all users: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Knowledge-Management/How-do-I-change-the-order-of-apps-in-the-dropdo... I have not tested it myself.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...