Splunk Cloud Platform

How to set up Splunk Cloud Free Trial with Rest API?

chinys
Engager

My Splunk Cloud Free Trial allow me to login, also offer option to upload test data. We need to check out the REST API provided by Splunk for Search for use by our own test application from computer

Please advice how Splunk Cloud Free Trial can be setup for REST API access from internet.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

REST API access is not available to Splunk Cloud Free Trial accounts.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

chinys
Engager

Is there short term subscription for Splunk Cloud service to integrate Splunk Search head REST API functions with our application, without having to set up our own instance of Splunk? 

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

@chinys as far as i know, there isn't a short term cloud subscription, they go by annual ones.

Did you get a chance to explore splunk dev test license which is free for 180 days but it's an on prem one.

Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You'd have to contact Splunk Sales to find out about short-term licenses for Splunk Cloud.

Consider installing a local copy of Splunk for use in developing the integration with your API.  This is a good practice even for those with a paid Splunk Cloud subscription as it gives you full control over the settings.  Once the integration is ready, you can package it into an app for installation in the Cloud.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...