Splunk Cloud Platform

How to re-import the metadata XML file to SAML Configuration of Splunk Cloud?

GoliSH
Engager

Hi All,

I need to re-import new XML metaddata to the Splunk Cloud SAML Configuration which is generated for Azure SSO users. The current cert is valid until 19/02/2023. The issue is when I try to import the new xml (federationmetadata.xml) into the SAML configuration in the Splunk
It constantly encounters the error “There are multiple cert,idepCertPath,idpCert.pem, must be directory"
Try to remove the idpCert.pem in the ./etc/auth/idpCerts/idpCert.pem, and shows Server Error.

I don't know how I can find the path ( ./etc/auth/idpCerts/idpCert.pem) in the Splunk cloud as it is not on=premises.

I really need your help as the current valid will expired very soon (19/02/2023)and results in users and admins being locked out of Splunk Cloud.

Any way to fix it.

"""urgent to solve"""

Many thanks, Goli

@tlam_splunk @gcusello 

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me!

0 Karma

nickrob1971
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Was this ever resolved without the need of Splunk Support?

0 Karma

bobmccoy
Explorer

I am having the same issue and I just opened a case with Splunk.   I will respond later today when i find out.  

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @GoliSH,

I haven't an answer to your question.

the only hint I have is to open a case to Splunk Support, also because, using Splunk Cloud you (or your customer) have some credits to engage Splunk Professional Services in problems like your.

ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...