Splunk Cloud Platform

How to find private app specific roles in Splunk Cloud?

Mansi24
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers,

I installed a private app with its own set of roles on splunk cloud instance using victoria experience but i couldnt find those roles in settings--> roles . My authorize.conf is fine, if tried locally. Not sure what could be the possible reason.

Is there any limitations on using app specific roles on cloud instance. Please suggest

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mansi24,

as I said, users and roles must be manually created before App installation.

For confirmation, you can open a case to Splunk Support and I hint to do this but this will probably be their answer.

Ciao.

Giuseppe.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Mansi24
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello 

I tested the theory , tried creating the roles before installing the app using victoria experience on splunk cloud instance. 

But after the app was installed the roles again disappeared from cloud instance. Have no idea on what could be the reason for this.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mansi24,

I dont know: I did this steps for one of my project and it worked.

Let me understand: you manually created new roles in Splunk Cloud, then you manuly associated all objects in your new app to these roles and then you uploaded App, is it correct?

Are you sure that all the objects of the new installed app match the new created roles?

If the answer is yes to both my questions, open a Case to Splunk Support.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mansi24,

usually users and roles aren't loaded in Splunk Cloud at the App installation, you should manually create them before installing App.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Mansi24
Path Finder

@gcusello 

Thank you for responding. But what if my private has its own roles like ITSI which are available once app is installed. It's a customized app we are building for cloud.

Do you have any suggestions. Roles are not populating for the app unlike in enterpise.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mansi24,

as I said, users and roles must be manually created before App installation.

For confirmation, you can open a case to Splunk Support and I hint to do this but this will probably be their answer.

Ciao.

Giuseppe.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Mansi24,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...