Splunk Cloud Platform

How to check index that consumes more license?

splunkcol
Builder

Hi, I am currently receiving an alert where the license consumption is exceeding 80%.

I need to know which index is consuming more license in the last 30 days or last 7 days.

This query shows the total license consumption but I need to know which index or sourcetype is generating the most license consumption.

`sim_licensing_summary_base`
            | `sim_licensing_summary_no_split("")`
            | append
                [| search (index=summary source="splunk-entitlements")
                  | bin _time span=1d
                  | stats max(ingest_license) as license by _time]
            | stats values(*) as * by _time
            | rename license as "license limit"
            | fields - volume

splunkcol_0-1678991974560.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not familiar with the sim_licensing_* macros so can't give very specific advise.  However, if there is a "sim_licensing_summary_no_split" macro then I have to think there is one similar to "sim_licensing_summary_by_index".

If not, then expand the macros (using CTRL-Shift-E) and modify the stats command to group results by index.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not familiar with the sim_licensing_* macros so can't give very specific advise.  However, if there is a "sim_licensing_summary_no_split" macro then I have to think there is one similar to "sim_licensing_summary_by_index".

If not, then expand the macros (using CTRL-Shift-E) and modify the stats command to group results by index.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...