Splunk Cloud Platform

How to change permissions from a search in Splunk Cloud?

Pat
Path Finder

I am looking to monitor permissions for anything that has the everyone permission that is created by a normal user with the following query:

| rest /servicesNS/-/search/directory
| search author!=nobody AND author!=admin
| fields title, eai:type, author, disabled, eai:acl.perms.read, eai:acl.perms.write
| rename eai:* AS *, acl.* AS *
| where 'perms.write'="*" OR 'perms.read'="*"
| search NOT type IN (views, commands, macros, *lookup*, *extract*, fvtags, fieldaliases, nav, eventtypes)

Which is fine but what I really want to do is then have it change those everyone permissions to our base user (which is the inheritance point for all other groups and all users are put in it).  So I want to make it as a self remediating alert.  

Thing is I can't find anything on changing permissions with the splunk query language and being a cloud instance I don't have access to the cli.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...