Splunk Cloud Platform

How are you finding app vetting process

jonaclough
Path Finder

Our Splunk deployment is on-prem and we have automated deployment based on app updates. Users create a PR, make updates and push to bitbucket. Automated tests are done and if everything is OK the changes are in production in the hour. We are considering the move to Splunk Cloud but are worried about the manual app vetting process. That process seems cumbersome and might mean that the 5-10 changes across multiple apps we have each week will form an endless backlog.

How are you finding the app vetting process? Is it working OK or are you finding it painful?

This is a question aimed at large corporates who have moved from on-prem or BYOL to Splunk cloud.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Roy_9
Motivator

@jonaclough  Hello,

Once the app vetting is done on your environment and if you get all the checks passed, you need to raise a case to splunk support with a tar file of your app/add-on in order to install them on splunk cloud.

from my experience of using splunk cloud from past 18 months, what i have felt is they perform manual vetting at their end and they usually takes 2-4 weeks to complete this process and schedule a deployment on your stack with a change window.

This might happen sooner too, but in my case most of my app/add-on requests took around atleast 2 weeks for sure.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Roy_9
Motivator

@jonaclough  Hello,

Once the app vetting is done on your environment and if you get all the checks passed, you need to raise a case to splunk support with a tar file of your app/add-on in order to install them on splunk cloud.

from my experience of using splunk cloud from past 18 months, what i have felt is they perform manual vetting at their end and they usually takes 2-4 weeks to complete this process and schedule a deployment on your stack with a change window.

This might happen sooner too, but in my case most of my app/add-on requests took around atleast 2 weeks for sure.

Hope this helps.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...