Splunk Cloud Platform

Ask questions and get help with Cloud Monitoring Console (CMC) for Splunk Cloud

rsaini
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello from Splunk Cloud Monitoring Console (CMC) Team,

The Cloud Monitoring Console (CMC) app comes preinstalled with all Splunk Cloud stacks and is accessible by customers with Splunk cloud admin role. CMC helps Splunk cloud administrators (sc_admins) to identify performance issues, view license usage, and gather general information about their stack (e.g. user details). We bring new capabilities to CMC regularly and would love to answer any questions you might have about the CMC app.

Before you search through previous conversations looking for assistance, we want to provide you with some basic information and quick resources.

Want to access product documentation? CMC docs offer detailed guidance on each stage of using the Cloud Monitoring Console (CMC). 

Want to find out what the latest releases of CMC contain? CMC Release Notes  contain information about new features, known issues, and issues resolved for the Cloud Management Console (CMC) app, grouped by release version and the generally available release date.

Want to request more features? Add your ideas and vote on other ideas at CMC ideas Portal

Please reply to this thread for any questions or get extra help!

Labels (2)

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

I need to enable a custom user Role to see the CMC without give the same privileges of Admin one.
Is this possible? And inf yes, when I configure the new role capabilities, which options should I use?

0 Karma

twollenslegel_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you want to allow a user to see everything in CMC (e.g. data for other users?) I will let the CMC team answer the roles question, but many of the searches used in CMC currently require access. to the ~ internal ~ indexes (e.g. _audit) so users would need to have access to that data for all users, just something to keep in mind. 

Would something like this work? https://ideas.splunk.com/ideas/EID-I-36

the idea proposed is having the ability for users to see their own data, but not others.  Then CMC could be written that users get access to the data that is relevant to themselves. 

0 Karma

splunkbunk
Explorer

Is there a way I can export the CMC dashboards as a pdf? I can do the same for my own dashboards but that ability doesn't seem available within the CMC.

0 Karma

twollenslegel_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not supported by Splunk, but I use Fireshot plug-in for browsers (chrome/safari/etc), works well getting PNG/PDF for Splunk pages as well as other websites.. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/take-webpage-screenshots/mcbpblocgmgfnpjjppndjkmgjaogfceg

0 Karma

rsaini
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @splunkbunk thanks for the question. Currently CMC does not offer a way to export dashboards as a pdf. I will love to know if  there is a specific dashboard you want to export and understand how you plan to utilize the pdf exports, this will allow me to evaluate if this is a feature we can plan for CMC's future releases.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...