Splunk Cloud Platform

How to resolve Alert Manager App JS errors on Splunk Cloud?

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi at all,

I tried to use the Alert Manager App on Splunk Cloud (it should be certified on Splunk Cloud) and it runs for the most features, but I’m receiving the following error: “A custom JavaScript error caused an issue loading your dashboard. See the Developer Console for more details” in many dashboards as:

• Reports – Stats Transictions
  • Reports – Incident Export
  • Settings – Incident Settings
  • Settings -- Alert Status
  • Settings – Drilldown Actions
  • Settings – External Workflow Actions
  • Settings -- User Settings
  • Settings – eMail Templates

gcusello_0-1655384646933.png

In addition, what’s the Developer Console?

In addition I haven’t any Alert result details in the Incident Posture.

Are there know issues on Splunk Cloud?

On Splunk Cloud I cannot access CLI, so how can I debug JS errors?

Than you for your attention.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ownion
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello,

I'm following this topic too, I've seen from the Developer Console that the error is referred to a file named common.js.

Inspecting the XML dashboard code I see that it's using different "*.js" files, and the one in common between those dashboards with errors is "autodiscover.js", as a matter of facts (for testing purposes), removing the import line for this JS in the XML code and saving it does not return any error (obviusly the app does not work either).

I've had an email thread with the developer a couple of months ago and he stated that in the last update he fixed a few bugs, but the real root cause of this problem it's in Splunk Cloud and that there is no work around at the moment. He is still waiting for more information on when Splunk will fix the issue.

If he will provide other details I'll write the updates here as well.

View solution in original post

thebankitgui
Path Finder

These javascript errors were fixed in Splunk Cloud v9.0.2205.1 (Ferrero Release) that I was just updated to. Having other issues but the javascript errors are gone.

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @thebankitgui,

thank you, I'll try.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ownion
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello,

I'm following this topic too, I've seen from the Developer Console that the error is referred to a file named common.js.

Inspecting the XML dashboard code I see that it's using different "*.js" files, and the one in common between those dashboards with errors is "autodiscover.js", as a matter of facts (for testing purposes), removing the import line for this JS in the XML code and saving it does not return any error (obviusly the app does not work either).

I've had an email thread with the developer a couple of months ago and he stated that in the last update he fixed a few bugs, but the real root cause of this problem it's in Splunk Cloud and that there is no work around at the moment. He is still waiting for more information on when Splunk will fix the issue.

If he will provide other details I'll write the updates here as well.

senthilnathanv
Explorer

Hi @gcusello did you find any solution to this i am also facing this same issue. 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @senthilnathanv ,

thank you for your attention.

Unfortunately no, I'm still stuck and don't know how to get out!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

senthilnathanv
Explorer

thanks @gcusello Please share us the details if you found any solution. I will do the same.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @senthilnathanv,

details are the ones I shared in my question.

I haven't any solution, I use only a part of the app because I cannot use some features,

I also tryed to ask to the developer but without results.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The developer console is built into your browser.  Depending on the browser, pressing F12 may activate it or you can do so via the menu.

Since JavaScript runs on your browser rather than on the servers, you don't need CLI access. Debug on your workstation.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...