Splunk Cloud Platform

Accessing Splunk- Am I able to login using splunk admin user details?

Venkat_Kumar
Loves-to-Learn

Hi Team,

I have recently created trail account.

I have received login details from splunk(admin user). Can i go-ahead using the same, just want to get confirmation.

Thanks,

Venkat

Labels (1)
0 Karma

tshah-splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hey @Venkat_Kumar,

Your Splunk credentials are different than the SplunkCloud credentials. The one you received in the email are the creds for signing into the cloud platform. Please use the same URL, username, and password and give it a hit.

---
If you find the answer helpful, an upvote/karma is appreciated
0 Karma

Venkat_Kumar
Loves-to-Learn

Thanks Shah.

I have started using it. I got a doubt whether the account is common and dedicated one, when seeing my user with name "admin"

Anyways thanks.

0 Karma

Venkat_Kumar
Loves-to-Learn

Hi Venky,

Thanks for your response.

actually i thought it will be redirecting to cloud environment from Splunk main page and my login user and password are the credentials to login.

But i have received a mail with cloud platform url, username & password. I am bit confused which one to use. I think i am good to go-ahead with the details(url,username & pwd) that i received in the email.

thanks,

Venkat

0 Karma

venky1544
Builder

@Venkat_Kumar  are you facing some trouble in logging ?? if you have the creds just login 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...