Splunk Cloud Platform

AWS S3 to Splunk re-ingestion from failed Firehose sends.

magagm

Hello!

I am following this documentation and I am keen on re-ingestion of Failed AWS Firehose requests out via AWS SNS/SQS service using the Splunk AWS Add-On.

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/aws-firehose-to-splunk-two-easy-ways-to-recover-th...

Problem:

When I receive a failure message from Firehose, my lambda code strips the Kinesis meta data from to the original format. Now, if I send this to splunk  (through the way the above document guides i.e. SNS/SQS and then Splunk AWS Add-On), it does not do the correct parsing at sourcetype level.

I would like an example of what the request that is sent through the AWS SNS/SQS and Splunk AWS Add-On is supposed to look like to get over the parsing issue at sourcetype level.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...