Splunk Answers

Splunk Answers
Ask questions. Get answers. Find technical product solutions from passionate members of the Splunk community.

Browse the Community

#Random

This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

3198962 350
Category Activity
splunkuser320
I am trying to use parameter into the search using IN condition.  Query is retuning results if I put data directly in...
by splunkuser320 Path Finder in Splunk Search 5m ago
0 3
thaghost99
hi, need some help, i have this format type but it seems the word 'up' is not matching for whatever reason. there is ...
by thaghost99 Path Finder in Dashboards & Visualizations 9m ago
0 2
vishwa
Query:index=new "application status" AND Condition=Begin OR Condition=Done |rex field = _raw "DIDS \s+\[?<data>[^\]]+...
by vishwa Path Finder in Splunk Enterprise 23m ago
0 1
Splunk-Star
  Please let me know the correct data etraction?index=* "Unknown message for StatusConsumer" topicId marshall| rex fi...
by Splunk-Star New Member in Splunk Search 26m ago
0 2
danielbb
With syslog-ng we hit all kinds of limitations from the inability to support TCP, to the inability to write fast enou...
by danielbb Motivator in Splunk Enterprise 59m ago
0 0
Ayushi-Sriva
how we can colour the text as green for status as running and red for stopped for single value visualization in dashb...
by Ayushi-Sriva New Member in Dashboards & Visualizations 3 hours ago
0 2
hank72
Hi community,When using datamodels, is it possible to remove/exclude the portion of the autoextractSearch: | search (...
by hank72 Path Finder in Splunk Search 4 hours ago
0 2
Fo
I have two very simple searches and I need to be able to get the difference. This is insanely hard for something that...
by Fo New Member in Splunk Search 7 hours ago
0 1
kumaranv
How to pull data from Splunk using search and build component in SUIT - Splunk UI Tools (@splunk/visualization/Area )
by kumaranv Path Finder in Splunk Dev 10 hours ago
0 0
PavelP
any ideas on TERM and PREFIX limitations with double dashes?  cat /tmp/test.txt abc//xyz abc::xyz abc==xyz abc@@xyz a...
by PavelP Motivator in Splunk Search 10 hours ago
1 12
Muthu_Vinith
Hi Experts, I need to compare server lists from two different csv lookups and create a flag based on the comparison r...
by Muthu_Vinith Path Finder in Splunk Search 12 hours ago
0 1
whitecat001
HelloI am getting this warning and the sample data looks like this02-22-2012 17:01:12.280 +0000 WARN DateParserVerbo...
by whitecat001 Explorer in Splunk Enterprise 12 hours ago
0 3
ChocolateRocket
Since I cannot find much on querying ASUS router syslogs, and I am completely new to Splunk, I thought I'd start a th...
by ChocolateRocket Loves-to-Learn in Splunk Search yesterday
0 6
Nawab
I have installed the latest splunk with Splunk enterprise security on it.I have worked with enterprise security befor...
by Nawab Path Finder in Getting Data In yesterday
0 11
splunkreal
Hello,I would like to know the aim of this default constraint :(`cim_Authentication_indexes`) tag=authentication NOT ...
by splunkreal Motivator in Splunk Search yesterday
0 2
cimey
Hey all,I have question regarding license enforcement. We currently have a "50 GB (No enforcement) Enterprise Term-li...
by cimey Observer in Splunk Enterprise yesterday
0 5
dspencer
What are some reasons why a UF wouldn't monitor a windows file assuming there is nothing wrong with any configs and t...
by dspencer Loves-to-Learn in Getting Data In yesterday
0 3
ayushipaul
</input><input type="dropdown" token="project"><label>Project</label><choice value="tok1*">Token1</choice><choice val...
by ayushipaul New Member in Splunk Dev Friday
0 1
Ash1
We want to provide few capabilities to the teamPresently team has a capability to create email alert.What capabilitie...
by Ash1 Path Finder in Splunk Search Friday
0 2
taarmi
How do I get slurm log content into Splunk?
by taarmi New Member in Getting Data In Friday
0 1
syazwani
Hi,Why my CIDR matching in not following the lookup content?Query i used is as below:| makeresults| eval ip="10.10.10...
by syazwani Path Finder in Splunk Search Friday
0 2
bryhoffman
Hi,I have an search that is used on a dashboard that I would like tweaked.Currently this search/panel displays the va...
by bryhoffman Explorer in Splunk Search Friday
1 5
YuriSpirin
Hi,I have a KV time-based lookup generated from DHCP logs with content like this:time,ip,hostname,mac 1709093697,10.2...
by YuriSpirin Explorer in Splunk Search Friday
0 4
artaguila
Hello, I'm trying to search for my detectors based on the tags I gave them. I'm using terraform to create the charts ...
by artaguila New Member in Alerting Friday
0 0
raghunandan1
Hi All, We have index=gems, in the index we have configured gems servers and wms servers and also created one alert.T...
by raghunandan1 Engager in Splunk Cloud Platform Friday
0 1
Splunk Learning

Splunk has training and education options for everyone, whether it's your first or fiftieth deployment.

Get Started

Announcements
Register for Upcoming Live Tech Talks! Security and Observability Editions are held every month.

Where are you on your adoption journey? Take the quick Security or Observability Resilience Check quiz to find out!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Observability Cloud | Unified Identity - Now Available for Existing Splunk ...

Raise your hand if you’ve already forgotten your username or password when logging into an account. (We can’t ...

Index This | How many sides does a circle have?

February 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

Registration for Splunk University is Now Open!

Are you ready for an adventure in learning?   Brace yourselves because Splunk University is back, and it's ...
Top Karma Authors