Splunk Answers

Splunk Answers
Ask questions. Get answers. Find technical product solutions from passionate members of the Splunk community.

Browse the Community

Category Activity
Leo
I want to configure a saved search alert to trigger a script contained inside my app. The security measures only allo...
by Leo Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Alerting 06-09-2010
1 5
erydberg
I would like to specify a drilldown with a stringreplace intention. I'm trying to do something like this, but can't g...
by erydberg Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Dashboards & Visualizations 06-09-2010
0 1
nclarkau
We have users that are in another timezone (30 minutes off the servers) and events in their flashtimeline are appeari...
by nclarkau Path Finder in Getting Data In 06-09-2010
0 2
pmelchiori
I have four servers in different network with the same Windows Name. I've created a Splunk collector and the logs are...
by pmelchiori Explorer in Deployment Architecture 06-09-2010
1 4
mctester
If I write a custom command, where does it need to be located if I have a distributed search setup? On the local splu...
by mctester Communicator in Splunk Search 06-09-2010
0 1
Will_Hayes
How do I install and configure the Cisco MARS archive add-on on Splunkbase?
by Will_Hayes Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Getting Data In 06-09-2010
0 3
uber_cookie
Hi, can anyone tell me if I could do this using Splunk: Log from particular host to a particular directory, Archive l...
by uber_cookie New Member in Getting Data In 06-09-2010
0 1
chris
Hi I got the following error when I tried to save a dashboard after editing its xml: Encountered the following err...
by chris Motivator in Dashboards & Visualizations 06-08-2010
2 1
jgumbley
I try and keep our production Splunk server on the latest maintenance release of Splunk. Also I have removed the "ge...
by jgumbley Engager in Installation 06-08-2010
0 1
kbains
Can you have both span=x and bins=y in timechart? If both are specified, which one wins?
by kbains Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Splunk Search 06-08-2010
0 4