Splunk Administration

Splunk Administration

Browse the Community

Category Activity
mctester
Hi, I have a development support question. We have an application that is integrated with splunk. We have a C++ p...
by mctester Communicator in Getting Data In 05-22-2010
2 1
dcroteau
we only want to save the log info for 2 weeks. I tried to set this up by modifying the frozen time, but it doesn’t s...
by dcroteau Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Getting Data In 05-22-2010
1 3
maverick
Suppose I splunk a file and it is gzip'd on disk under the appropriate Splunk index directory. Then let's say I con...
by maverick Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Getting Data In 05-22-2010
1 1
skibum
I am trying to use a host name in the stanza [udp://foo.514] but the name is not taking, on the same subject if I hav...
by skibum Engager in Security 05-22-2010
1 3
erydberg
I'm writing an app that I know will index loads of data and then do some calculations on changes from day to day. To ...
by erydberg Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Knowledge Management 05-22-2010
2 2
Genti
Forwarding a question: "... attempting to setup a lookup table. Each time I save an automatic lookup it always retur...
by Genti Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Getting Data In 05-21-2010
0 1
apro
Hi, Been trying to backup and restore of Splunk indexer and the steps that I took to backup our splunk server is: - ...
by apro Path Finder in Monitoring Splunk 05-21-2010
1 2
Justin_Grant
If our app's inputs.conf uses an index other than "main" (e.g. a custom index for our app) does our app's setup UI (o...
by Justin_Grant Contributor in Getting Data In 05-21-2010
1 5
Jaci
Does a forwarder keep using the initial TCP connection to the indexing server, or does it close the connection after ...
by Jaci Splunk Employee Splunk Employee in Getting Data In 05-21-2010
2 1
return2health
Hi there. I'm new to splunk. Having a bit of trouble getting my head around it ( I know SQL well ) . I want to get...
by return2health Engager in Getting Data In 05-21-2010
1 2
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...

Ready, Set, SOAR: How Utility Apps Can Up Level Your Playbooks!

WATCH NOW Powering your capabilities has never been so easy with ready-made Splunk® SOAR Utility Apps. Parse ...

DevSecOps: Why You Should Care and How To Get Started

WATCH NOW In this Tech Talk we will talk about what people mean by DevSecOps and deep dive into the different ...
Top Karma Authors