Security

web.conf - updateCheckerBaseURL

pduvofmr
Path Finder

Hi @ All,

i create a little app to set "updateCheckerBaseURL" value to "0".
Then i copied it to "/opt/splunk/etc/deployment-apps" on Deployment Server and changed folder permissions to the splunk user.

The app where deployed to the clients and "./splunk cmd btool web list settings" displays "updateCheckerBaseURL = 0", but the update notification where still there.

If i set "updateCheckerBaseURL = 0" direct to "$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf", then the update notification where disabled.

Please advise - Markus

0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

I am using below attributes under [settings] stanza in web.conf in an app and it works fine.

[settings]    
# Disable Splunk automatic checking for new app versions
updateCheckerBaseURL = 0

You may need to provide read permissions to the app in metadata. Create a metadata directory in your app and create default.meta in it with below content.

[]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ admin ]
export = system

View solution in original post

manjunathmeti
Champion

I am using below attributes under [settings] stanza in web.conf in an app and it works fine.

[settings]    
# Disable Splunk automatic checking for new app versions
updateCheckerBaseURL = 0

You may need to provide read permissions to the app in metadata. Create a metadata directory in your app and create default.meta in it with below content.

[]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ admin ]
export = system
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...