Security

web.conf - updateCheckerBaseURL

pduvofmr
Path Finder

Hi @ All,

i create a little app to set "updateCheckerBaseURL" value to "0".
Then i copied it to "/opt/splunk/etc/deployment-apps" on Deployment Server and changed folder permissions to the splunk user.

The app where deployed to the clients and "./splunk cmd btool web list settings" displays "updateCheckerBaseURL = 0", but the update notification where still there.

If i set "updateCheckerBaseURL = 0" direct to "$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/web.conf", then the update notification where disabled.

Please advise - Markus

0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am using below attributes under [settings] stanza in web.conf in an app and it works fine.

[settings]    
# Disable Splunk automatic checking for new app versions
updateCheckerBaseURL = 0

You may need to provide read permissions to the app in metadata. Create a metadata directory in your app and create default.meta in it with below content.

[]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ admin ]
export = system

View solution in original post

manjunathmeti
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I am using below attributes under [settings] stanza in web.conf in an app and it works fine.

[settings]    
# Disable Splunk automatic checking for new app versions
updateCheckerBaseURL = 0

You may need to provide read permissions to the app in metadata. Create a metadata directory in your app and create default.meta in it with below content.

[]
access = read : [ * ], write : [ admin ]
export = system
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...