Security

searchbnf configuration always puts an 'equal' after the suggestions

jschoenberg_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In Splunk I have configured the searchbnf.conf to provide some helpful search hints inline while the person types SPL. It works pretty good, with each search option coming up in green as a suggestion. However, the suggestions always have an equal sign after the option is found. For instance, the custom search I created is runmycmd, and it has the option of trigger, then a host= parameter for the user to use in SPL. The right way to use it is like this | runmycmd trigger host=mylinuxmachine.

In my searchbnf.conf I am specifying that trigger is an option top the runmycmd command, but it always wants to put an equal sign. Is there a different option here that restricts the help to just a parameter name rather than a name=value pair?

[runmycmd-command]
syntax = runmycmd | |
shortdesc = Executes a request of your environment to bring data in. This command includes several operators.
description = Uses this method to retrieve data
usage = public
example1 = | runmycmd trigger host=mylinuxmachine
comment1 = In this example if you find a trigger that is on a host named mylinuxmachine

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...