Security

prompt for admin user name "Your session is invalid. Please login" How to avoid that?

sim_tcr
Communicator

Hello,

When certain splunk administration commands are executed (eg, offline) sometimes on some servers i get promt for admin user name with message "Your session is invalid. Please login" . Is there any way to avoid that. I do not want to pass user name and password on the command itself.

Any way to increase the timout session on servers to infinite?

Thanks,
Simon Mandy

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gchauhan
Engager

try to use admin credentials of the GUI admin credentials in there hope it helps @sim_tcr 

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Taken from Genti's answer here, you could export the username and password to a local user's variable and use that variable from your command.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Obviously you are talking about CLI.

0 Karma

sim_tcr
Communicator

yes. 'splunk offline'

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...