Security

login issue

rameshren

Hi ,,i recently had a login issue as whenever i tried to login splunk enterprise its showing invalid username and password
and i received a mail from splunk answer with username and password as :As IF we would send your password in cleartext! it also isnt working can you tell any other way to login splunk enterprise

Tags (1)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@rameshren, due to the change in the installation of 7.1, you would have been prompted for User ID/Password during the installation.

You can try re-installing and ensure to make note of ID Password set during installation.

If you want to reset your Password in the existing installation refer to the following Splunk Answers thread: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/834/how-to-reset-the-admin-password.html

rameshren

hi niketnilay ,,i can able to login splunk website but cant able to login splunk enterprise why is that so

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

Are you using admin login on a test instance?
If so, you can try this
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/834/how-to-reset-the-admin-password.html

If you are not an admin for your instance, you have to reach out to your administrator.

0 Karma

rameshren

i just download splunk and while starting it isnt accept my user name and password is there any other way to login ,,,i have no idea it simply asking me to contact splunk admin ,,i download it to study purpose

0 Karma

pradeepkumarg
Influencer

got it, you might be using your splunk.com username and password. That won't work

Below will work

username: admin
password: changeme

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...