Security

can't run a dashboard with radialGauge?

Conradj
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a dashboard that shows me some simple metrics in real-time. These are displayed as a mixture of "single" values and "radialGauges"

I have created a special user to use to view this dashboard who has restricted rights.
The have rights to this app only and they are a member of their own role. The user_role I created for them is a member of the "users" and "power" users groups.

The user_role group has the dashboard app as its default, is limited to 12 concurrent search jobs, 12 concurrent real-time search jobs and is limited to 100mb for jobs disk quota.

When I login as my admin user the dashboard runs fine without any errors and the radialgauges appear AOK.

When I login as this user and access the dashboard I get an error in red that states:

"Search Operation 'gauge' is unknown. You might not have permission to run this program."

and the radialGauges do not appear.

In my home.xml (the dashboard view) I have gauge configurations similar to:

<chart>

index="windows_perfmon" host="ps*4sql*" counter="% Processor Time" | stats avg(Value) as CPU | eval CPU=round(CPU,2) | gauge CPU 0 25 75 100
SQL Server CPU Utilisation
rt
rt
radialGauge
minimal

I am using Splunk 4.3.2 Build 123586.

I really don't want to run my dashboard as admin! Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

C.

0 Karma

Conradj
Path Finder

derp dee derp

Was using two different browsers to test permissions and such and tried editing the search in-app.

I removed the "| gauge 0 25 75 100" from the end of the searchSstring string (while leaving the vizualization settings alone)

Hey presto it works.

C.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...