Security

advanced configurations - reassign knowledge objects - options shown is only Nobody and myself

brdr
Contributor

I need to reassign knowledge objects to another user. when I go into All Configurations under Settings I see a button called 'Reassign Knowledge Objects'. When I select an object, hit the reassign action, I get the option to select a new owner. When I hit the drop down I see 2 prefilled options, I see Nobody and myself. When I do lookup an owner, it doesn't find anybody I type in - no results found. Do you know why I see no results? I looked for a capability for reassign objects but couldn't find one. Also, is there a reason why I don't see macros, or lookups in the All Configuration tab?

thank you

0 Karma

sudosplunk
Motivator

Only users with the Admin role can reassign knowledge objects to new owners.

You can find more info here.

0 Karma

brdr
Contributor

Ah, thank you nittala_surya! Is there a Reassign Knowledge Objects option for Macros and Lookups and these object types don't appear in 'All Configurations'?

0 Karma

sudosplunk
Motivator

If the object types are private, then you should get admin_all_objects (admin role has this) capability assigned to you in order to view object types owned by other users.

If the object types are shared globally, and you have a power user role, then you should be able to see them.

I have admin role and I can see Macros and Lookups under 'All Configurations'.

Hope this helps!

0 Karma

brdr
Contributor

Hi nittala_surya....

I've been assigned super and power roles when set to global; in addition, I have asked one of our Splunk admins to look for the macros and lookups objects and still do not see them under 'All Configurations'. Note, the admin role has 'admin_all_objects' assigned to him.

0 Karma

sudosplunk
Motivator

Hello, below is described in docs, and it is working for me. I would say, please go through this documentation and look for if's and but's to figure out why you can't access macros and lookups from "Reassign Knowledge Objects" page.

The Reassign Knowledge Objects page in Settings is the only orphaned knowledge object detection method that detects all knowledge objects (not just searches, reports, and alerts). However, it can only find knowledge objects that have been shared to the app or global levels.
0 Karma

brdr
Contributor

thx nittala_surya. I've looked for if's and but's so far I can't see where I'm going wrong. Just now I created 2 macros, for example, made one of them Global, then other shared in App. Then went into 'All Configurations', search for my objects and macros (and my lookups) do not appear. I actually see no macros at all in Search app.

0 Karma

brdr
Contributor

I forgot to mention I'm a member of the super user role.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...