Security

Why is there an authentication problem in the successive attempts for the same search id?

sathishraja92
Explorer

I am trying to poll & consume the search id using curl and rest services from java. It often fails in the successive attempts, but the same query results output after attempting a minute+ timeout.

Is there any time limit that I have to give splunk before attempting to try for the same search ID?
Is there any threshold that splunk have for using the same session key?

curl -k -H "Authorization: Splunk session_key_of_mine"  <hostname>/services/search/jobs/1525281638.1001_01604640-0D89-43B7-9E19-60EE7915D7F8

curl -k -H "Authorization: Splunk session_key_of_mine"   <hostname>/services/search/jobs/1525281638.1001_01604640-0D89-43B7-9E19-60EE7915D7F8/results

pgoldweic
Communicator

I have exactly the same questions, although as they apply to using the splunkjs sdk framework outside of Splunk (in an external web application). I've been struggling with repeated authentication failures for code that runs just fine other times - in particular after a long time has elapsed since the last authentication attempt-.
We need information on the limitations of these APIs or sdks, so we can write robust applications.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...