Security

Why am I unable to delete calculated fields from Splunk Web?

akawacz
Path Finder

Hi

I am having an issue with deleting/editing calculated fields in Splunk Web. Any idea, how I can remove these two?

The name is like this:

csv : EVALTYPE : EVAL A
csv : EVALTYPE : EVAL B

They are for different field names and have the same eval expression.

I think Splunk does not like the use of : two times because I have created a third calculated filed with only one : and was able to remove it easily.

Error I am getting:
Deleting:

Error occurred attempting to remove csv : EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE: In handler 'props-eval': Object 'csv : EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE' does not exist in user=aaa, app=bbb: props.conf [csv] EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE.

Changing permission:

Splunk could not update permissions for resource data/props/calcfields [HTTP 409] [{'type': 'ERROR', 'code': None, 'text': 'No eligible entity'}]

Editing:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'props-eval': Object 'csv : EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE' does not exist in user=aaa, app=bbb: props.conf [rnw-csv] EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE

thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Open a support case to report the bug and manually edit the props.conf file with CLI.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Open a support case to report the bug and manually edit the props.conf file with CLI.

0 Karma

layamba
Explorer

Did anyone ever open a support case to report this? I just had same issue with 7.0.0.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...