Security

Why am I unable to delete calculated fields from Splunk Web?

akawacz
Path Finder

Hi

I am having an issue with deleting/editing calculated fields in Splunk Web. Any idea, how I can remove these two?

The name is like this:

csv : EVALTYPE : EVAL A
csv : EVALTYPE : EVAL B

They are for different field names and have the same eval expression.

I think Splunk does not like the use of : two times because I have created a third calculated filed with only one : and was able to remove it easily.

Error I am getting:
Deleting:

Error occurred attempting to remove csv : EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE: In handler 'props-eval': Object 'csv : EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE' does not exist in user=aaa, app=bbb: props.conf [csv] EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE.

Changing permission:

Splunk could not update permissions for resource data/props/calcfields [HTTP 409] [{'type': 'ERROR', 'code': None, 'text': 'No eligible entity'}]

Editing:

Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'props-eval': Object 'csv : EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE' does not exist in user=aaa, app=bbb: props.conf [rnw-csv] EVALTYPE : EVALTYPE

thank you

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Open a support case to report the bug and manually edit the props.conf file with CLI.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Open a support case to report the bug and manually edit the props.conf file with CLI.

0 Karma

layamba
Explorer

Did anyone ever open a support case to report this? I just had same issue with 7.0.0.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...