Security

Which default certificate should I use to certify my HTTP Event Collector

llovell
Engager

I am running some C# code that sends a POST request to my Splunk HTTP Event Collector at the following URL - https://localhost:8088/services/collector/raw to submit a log

I am getting the following error: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates ( If I make the request in Postman my logs are submitted no problem )

I am thinking that I need to load my Splunk servers default certificate onto the machine I am making the request from. If this is correct I need to know which of the default certificates ( this is just for testing purposes ) I should be loading that would be specific to my HEC. And also if the correct certificates I'm looking for are located here C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\auth

1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ca.pem is the splunk ca
server.pem is what will run by default on 8089

I believe it is also used for HEC by default.

Hope that helps!

You can check which cert is in use with openssl

openssl s_client -connect yourhost:hecport 

Openssl can be found in splunkhome/bin

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

ca.pem is the splunk ca
server.pem is what will run by default on 8089

I believe it is also used for HEC by default.

Hope that helps!

You can check which cert is in use with openssl

openssl s_client -connect yourhost:hecport 

Openssl can be found in splunkhome/bin

0 Karma

llovell
Engager

Thank you for your answer. I verified that server.pem is in use using openssl. That should be what I need, thanks again

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Cheers! It was my pleasure!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...