Security

Which config file has details of what a Splunk Web UI menu contains and how to edit items listed in that menu?

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi,

which config file has details of what a menu contains? if i have custom menus, how do i make some of the items go into that menu?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

bjoernjensen
Contributor

Hi,

I think you want to make changes in this file:
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml

or maybe in this one (iff you develope your own app):
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/default/data/ui/nav/default.xml

Docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/AdvancedDev/BuildNavigation

Cheerz - B

Edit:

Let's say all your alerts within an app have an identifying prefix alrt_. Then you can add an dynamic sub menu using this entry:

<collection label="Alerts">
<saved source="all" match="alrt_" />
</collection>

View solution in original post

bjoernjensen
Contributor

Hi,

I think you want to make changes in this file:
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml

or maybe in this one (iff you develope your own app):
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/default/data/ui/nav/default.xml

Docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/AdvancedDev/BuildNavigation

Cheerz - B

Edit:

Let's say all your alerts within an app have an identifying prefix alrt_. Then you can add an dynamic sub menu using this entry:

<collection label="Alerts">
<saved source="all" match="alrt_" />
</collection>

bjoernjensen
Contributor

As mentioned in the docs you can add dynamic sub menus, also for alerts. I extended my answer with en edit. Hope this helps.

xvxt006
Contributor

Thank you. i see it the menu items. But i don't see items what that menu contains.
For example i see - but i don't see what all alerts it contain..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...