Security

Which config file has details of what a Splunk Web UI menu contains and how to edit items listed in that menu?

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi,

which config file has details of what a menu contains? if i have custom menus, how do i make some of the items go into that menu?

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

bjoernjensen
Contributor

Hi,

I think you want to make changes in this file:
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml

or maybe in this one (iff you develope your own app):
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/default/data/ui/nav/default.xml

Docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/AdvancedDev/BuildNavigation

Cheerz - B

Edit:

Let's say all your alerts within an app have an identifying prefix alrt_. Then you can add an dynamic sub menu using this entry:

<collection label="Alerts">
<saved source="all" match="alrt_" />
</collection>

View solution in original post

bjoernjensen
Contributor

Hi,

I think you want to make changes in this file:
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/local/data/ui/nav/default.xml

or maybe in this one (iff you develope your own app):
$SPLUNK_HOME$/etc/apps/myApp/default/data/ui/nav/default.xml

Docs: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/AdvancedDev/BuildNavigation

Cheerz - B

Edit:

Let's say all your alerts within an app have an identifying prefix alrt_. Then you can add an dynamic sub menu using this entry:

<collection label="Alerts">
<saved source="all" match="alrt_" />
</collection>

bjoernjensen
Contributor

As mentioned in the docs you can add dynamic sub menus, also for alerts. I extended my answer with en edit. Hope this helps.

xvxt006
Contributor

Thank you. i see it the menu items. But i don't see items what that menu contains.
For example i see - but i don't see what all alerts it contain..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...