Security

Which capability should I use for editing the permissions of a report?

chinmayc469
Explorer

I have created a report and i want to change the permission of it. The permissions should allow the users to read the report but not edit it.

How do I achieve this? Which has the capability to do this? I do not want to use admin role or (admin_all_objects) capability.

Thanks.

0 Karma

gl_splunkuser
Path Finder

There is not a capability for this, I mean in the authorize. conf file.

The edit permissions of a report is related with the permission in the app, so you have to go to 

Manage Apps - Select the app 

Edit Permissions and select - Read and Write 

In that way the user can give permission of read or write reports to other users in the same app.

Regards. 

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can edit the permissions for any report and check off which roles have read and/or write access to that report.

alt text

alt text

0 Karma

chinmayc469
Explorer

I tried this, dint work.

Edit permission will only be enabled for the user who created the report. Even though other users have write permission o the report, they don't see edit permission feature

0 Karma

dudhatjanhavi
Explorer

Did you ever find out how to do this? I'm in a similar situation and was hoping you were able to find a workaround?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...