Security

Where to find a list of users in Splunk web.

strive
Influencer

Hi,

In our Custom Web UI we create users and also assign custom roles. We use splunk REST API and add these users into splunk.

My first question:

Where can i find the list of users in splunk web? I tried seeing under JS node --> Manager --> Access Controls --> Users. I did not find the users that i created from our custom web UI.
I am sure that it is saved inside splunk. When i use splunk REST API /services/authentication/users to get the list of users, it correctly displays the users (user names, roles that i assigned). But i am unable to locate it under splunk Web.

My second question:

I need the user names and their roles in java script to implement some functionality. In JS, if i do Splunk.util.getConfigValue("USERNAME") it correctly fetches user name. I am unable to get role information. I tried ROLES and ROLE, but it returned nothing. How to get user role information in java script?

Thanks

Strive

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Manager -> Access Controls -> Users should show all the users granted you are logged in with the appropriate user. Try logging in with admin and see if the users you created show up.

For getting the roles that a user is tied to, refer to the code sample at http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEJ8#listusers.

View solution in original post

Neeraj_Luthra
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Manager -> Access Controls -> Users should show all the users granted you are logged in with the appropriate user. Try logging in with admin and see if the users you created show up.

For getting the roles that a user is tied to, refer to the code sample at http://dev.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAAEJ8#listusers.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...