Security

Where to assign roles and capabilities

reedmohn
Communicator

I am a little confused about assigning the correct roles to users, so here's a question for clarification. Sorry if it's a stupid one.
If you have multiple indexers and search heads, you must assign a user account the necessary role(s) on ?

a)all indexers,

b)all search heads,

c)all indexers and search heads

d)none of the above, Splunkers are magicians and can do whatever they want

0 Karma
1 Solution

linu1988
Champion

Hello,
You need to configure it on you search heads. So option will be (B). On the search heads you need to have the correct roles assigned to proper groups and indexes to have access.

View solution in original post

linu1988
Champion

Hello,
You need to configure it on you search heads. So option will be (B). On the search heads you need to have the correct roles assigned to proper groups and indexes to have access.

linu1988
Champion

Feel free to mark it as answer if it solves your problem

0 Karma

reedmohn
Communicator

Thanks. That's what I was expecting, too. Just wanted to make sure I got it right....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...