Security

Where is SAML_script_azure.py?

thormanrd
Path Finder

This doc, https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.0/Security/ConfigureauthextensionsforSAMLtokens, says that SAML_script_azure.py ships with Splunk Enterprise.  It is nowhere to be found on the 8.1 installations I have.  Anybody know where I can find it?

I tried azureScripted.py in $SPLUNK_HOME/share/splunk/authScriptSamples but it is not the same.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

thormanrd
Path Finder

The requirement for using authentication extension via SAML to Azure SSO include:

1. App Registration (SSO via SAML)
  2. App/client secret token 
  3. Application API permissions

For testing the SAML_script_azure.py use the following format:

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python3 /opt/splunk/etc/auth/scripts/SAML_script_azure.py getUserInfo < input.txt

Where the contents of the input.txt file is:

--username=<user name>

--password=**************

--scriptSecureArguments=clientId:<app id>;tenantId:<tenant id>;clientSecret<secret>

--userInfo=true

I can at least get a response from azure:

"error": {
"code": "Authorization_RequestDenied",
"message": "Insufficient privileges to complete the operation.",
"innerError": {
"date": "2021-02-24T19:22:51",
"request-id": "********",
"client-request-id": "********"
}
}
}

0 Karma

thormanrd
Path Finder

splunk-8.1.2-545206cc9f70-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm has the scripts.  Contrary to the 8.1.0 docs that say they are included, I did not find them until I updated to 8.1.2

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...