Security

Where is SAML_script_azure.py?

thormanrd
Path Finder

This doc, https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.0/Security/ConfigureauthextensionsforSAMLtokens, says that SAML_script_azure.py ships with Splunk Enterprise.  It is nowhere to be found on the 8.1 installations I have.  Anybody know where I can find it?

I tried azureScripted.py in $SPLUNK_HOME/share/splunk/authScriptSamples but it is not the same.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

thormanrd
Path Finder

The requirement for using authentication extension via SAML to Azure SSO include:

1. App Registration (SSO via SAML)
  2. App/client secret token 
  3. Application API permissions

For testing the SAML_script_azure.py use the following format:

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk cmd python3 /opt/splunk/etc/auth/scripts/SAML_script_azure.py getUserInfo < input.txt

Where the contents of the input.txt file is:

--username=<user name>

--password=**************

--scriptSecureArguments=clientId:<app id>;tenantId:<tenant id>;clientSecret<secret>

--userInfo=true

I can at least get a response from azure:

"error": {
"code": "Authorization_RequestDenied",
"message": "Insufficient privileges to complete the operation.",
"innerError": {
"date": "2021-02-24T19:22:51",
"request-id": "********",
"client-request-id": "********"
}
}
}

0 Karma

thormanrd
Path Finder

splunk-8.1.2-545206cc9f70-linux-2.6-x86_64.rpm has the scripts.  Contrary to the 8.1.0 docs that say they are included, I did not find them until I updated to 8.1.2

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...