Security

What Capabilities is needed to Create Identity Management for Data Enrichment in ES

jimmyzhangau

Hi,
When I wanted to create a new lookup in ES through ES->Configure->Data Enrichment->Identity Management, there's no "New" button, the role we are using is ess_admin, from the documentation, "edit_identitylookup" is the capability should be granted, but I've already include that capability into the role. Any other capabilities do we have to grant to the role?

Cheers,

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Robbie1194
Communicator

I'm not too sure about the specific roles you require but when I created my identity list in Splunk ES I followed the following steps:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/ES/5.0.0/Admin/Configurenewassetoridentitylist

I was also ESS_admin when I done this so that role should be enough I would think.

If this doesn't help you then any further info on your problem might help in trying to assist you.

Cheers!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...