Security

Way to set cipher order preference in cipherSuite ?

evanr76

I was surprised to find that splunkweb does not send a preferred list of ciphers according to their order of appearance in the cipherSuite directive.

Is there a way to have splunkweb express a cipher order preference, similar to the SSLHonorCipherOrder directive in Apache?

Otherwise, I'm finding it harder than expected to convince modern browsers to support PFS ciphers while degrading gracefully for older ones.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi evanr76,

have a look at this answer where you can read something about this topic http://answers.splunk.com/answers/134053/ciphersuite-in-various-conf-files.html

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

cfloyd_inap
Engager

This doesn't address the question about HonorCipherOrder. PEN tools still flag the web server as being vulnerable to Secure Client-Initiated Renegotiation

xavierashe
Contributor
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...