Security

WARN: path=/masterlm/usage: Signature mismatch between license slave=x.x.x.x and this LM. Plz make sure that the pass4SymmKey setting in server.conf, under general is the same for the License Master and all its slaves from ip=x.x.x.x

anupkumar
Engager

Hi Team,
I am getting error notification on Deployer, i have checked with pass4SymmKey there encrytion is same for deployer and License Master, and there is no change in password.
KIndly assist to resolve the error. we are running with 6.5.0,
Before upgrade i need to remove all error notification.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That error likely means that your deployer is configured as a license master.

On the web UI for your deployer, go to Settings (black bar) > Monitoring Console > Settings (green bar) > General Setup

On the Actions column click Edit, and remove all roles not associated with your Deployer.

Repeat this on your DMC, just to be safe.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!

View solution in original post

anupkumar
Engager

Hi Codebuilder,

As checked in our environment we have configured extra server role for different servers.
Deployer:- Server Role(Deployment Server,Indexer,KV Store,Search Head,SHC Deployer)
Indexer :- Server Role( Indexer,Search Head,License Maste)
License Master/Deployment Server :- Server Role( Cluster Master,Deployment Server,IndexerLicense, MasterSearch, HeadSHC Deployer)

kindly let me know if the configuration is right on different servers.

0 Karma

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your servers should not be assigned any roles they are not performing.

----
0 Karma

anupkumar
Engager

will it create problem during upgrade, as we are planning to upgrade from 6.5.0 to 7.3.0.
please suggest if i disable the other roles, in different servers, it will be safe to handle.

0 Karma

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That error likely means that your deployer is configured as a license master.

On the web UI for your deployer, go to Settings (black bar) > Monitoring Console > Settings (green bar) > General Setup

On the Actions column click Edit, and remove all roles not associated with your Deployer.

Repeat this on your DMC, just to be safe.

----
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...