Security

Using Internet Explorer 11, why am I getting error " This browser is not supported by Splunk"?

qiaojing
Path Finder

Hi,

Strangely, I'm using Internet Explorer 11 and I'm unable to browse Splunk, even though the web browser is supported by Splunk.

I then click F12 in Internet Explorer to open the inspector and check the Emulation tab. The browser profile changed to 7 (default) instead of the current version which is 11. I suspect that this is the causing the problem, but unsure of the solution.

I have attached a screenshot of the error.
alt text
This is quite urgent, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should enable ie9 compatibility mode to get around the issue.

Here is a decent article on how to do so but its for a website at MIT.

http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/How+to+change+your+setting+for+Compatibility+mode+fo...

View solution in original post

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You should enable ie9 compatibility mode to get around the issue.

Here is a decent article on how to do so but its for a website at MIT.

http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/How+to+change+your+setting+for+Compatibility+mode+fo...

qiaojing
Path Finder

So you're saying that I should add Splunk as one of the website under Compatibility View Mode?

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, that's apparently the way you do it in ie11. Note that this technically means Splunk supports the browser.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...