Security

User Data Access Control

ltrand
Contributor

I was wondering if anyone has tried to use lookup tables to determine what a user can search against? I'm wanting to allow administrators to have the most knowledge possible about their systems without just giving them "keys to the kingdom".

So, for instance, I don't mind if a windows admin searches against the windows event logs and can have unfiltered access there, however I would like him to only see windows servers in the firewall logs & proxy logs.

Has anyone tried to use lookup tables as a search filter to contrain user groups search ability?

0 Karma

aakwah
Builder

As per my knowledge so far that lookups just do mapping between existing field and external fields from csv file.
I think with props.conf you can route a subset from firewall/proxy logs to a new index that windows admins have access on it.

Regards,
Ahmed

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...